How To Change Languages On Essential PH1
The Essential PH1 has several languages that you can use which makes it highly usable anywhere around the globe. If for some reasons the Essential PH1 smartphone you are using has a default language which you don’t understand too well, you can easily change it to something you can understand.
There are many languages supported on Essential PH1 including German, Korean among many others. Any language change also affects other applications, settings and third party apps as well. If you change the keyboard language separately, your other applications will not be affected by the language change.
This might sound a bit technical but once we get down to doing it, you will realize it is not as hard as it sounds.
How to change language on Essential PH1
- With your Essential PH1 turned on, go to the Settings and tap on My Device
- In the MY Device menu, you will see a Language and Input option under the Control subtitle
- Choose on the new language which you would like to set as the standard language on your Essential PH1
Changing the keyboard language on Essential PH1
- Turn on the Essential PH1
- Go to settings
- Under System section, look for Language
- Just next to the keyboard, tap on the gear shaped icon and select the language you would like to use as your default keyboard language
- Look for the checkmark near the language you have selected and select on it then uncheck any other language you don’t intend on using
- When you use your keyboard, slide sideways to swipe between the keyboards if you selected multiple keyboards
I can’t find my language?
If for some reasons the language you want to use cannot be found under the available options, you must Root the Essential PH1 smartphone.
To root your Essential PH1
- Download and install MoreLocale 2
- Launch the MoreLocale 2 and tap on custom locale at the top
- Select the ISO639 and the ISO3166 to select your country and preferred language then tap to Set
As you have read, the instructions sound a little technical but with your Essential PH1 in your hands and with some data bundles, you should be able to set any language you want as your standard Essential PH1 interface language.