Changing your Apple ID Password On iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus
There are owners of the new iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus that will be interested in knowing how they can change their Apple ID password. Sometimes, it’s difficult to remember your Apple ID password and there are some users that have cannot remember their Apple ID password and are interested in knowing how they can change their password once and for all.
What are the steps that you can take when you forget your Apple ID password or when you forget your iCloud details o iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus? You can make use of the steps below to change your password when you cannot remember your Apple ID password for your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
Steps to take to change Apple ID password on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- Visit the Apple website and click onMy Apple ID and tap “Reset your password”
- You can now enter Apple ID and click Next. If you cannot remember your Apple ID, use this link to How to find your Apple ID
- When you have entered your Apple ID. There are three methods that you can use to reset your password. Choose any of the methods below:
Answer your security questions. You can make use of these steps if can still remember the answers to the security questions connected to your account.
Use email authentication. This method will send an email message to you that you can use to reset your password
Use two-step verification. If you created a two-step verification while creating your account, you could make use of this method to reset your password. You will need to provide a recovery key and a trusted device to use this method.
Using security questions option
- Click on “Answer security questions,” and then select “Next”
- Provide your date of birth and click “Next”
- This is where you will answer your security questions
- When you are done answering the questions, you will be allowed to create a new password by clicking on Reset Password
Making use of the email authentication option on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- Click on “Email authentication,” and then click “Next.” Apple will send an email to confirm your identity
- As soon as you receive the email, open it and click on the link to reset your password
- A page will open up on your browser named My Apple ID; this is where you will create a new password by clicking on Reset Password
Making use of the two-step verification process on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- Provide your Recovery Key
- Select a trusted device and a message with a verification code will be sent to the device
- Type in the verification code
- Click on Reset Password to create a new password
If you have completely lost your recovery key or you do not have access to your trusted device, it is impossible to reset your password.
If the problem persists after trying all the above suggestions, I will advise that you contact Apple Support to assist you in resetting your password.