Does your Android smartphone can feel slow or laggy? You can either factory reset to the original settings or you can wipe the cache.
The easiest and least detrimental way to fix your Pixel 2 is wipe the system cache partition. This process should solve most simple software problems including slowed operation and freezes. These instructions will show you how to empty the Pixel 2 cache.
What is the Purpose of the Cache?
The newest version of Android, Oreo, comes on the new Pixel 2 from Google. Unlike previous versions, Oreo doesn’t utilize a separate system cache clearing function. You can clear the cache for individual apps, but there’s no long a clearable cache for the whole OS. Each app keeps a certain amount of storage reserved for temporary data however. Sometimes clearing those temporary data blocks can improve the apps performance.
Clear App Cache for Google Pixel 2
If the issues are being caused by a particular app, it would be optimal to just clear the specific app’s cache. Remember that the app will lose all progress, passwords, etc. Do so by performing these steps:
- Check to see if your Google Pixel 2 is turned on
- Next, select Settings
- Then, select Storage
- Select Other Apps
- Tap the app whose cache needs to be cleared
- Tap Clear Cache & Clear Data
Additional Steps to Fix Slow Pixel 2
If after you’ve finished clearing the app cache to no avail, the next method would be to delete the app. Then restart the phone. Before rebooting the Pixel 2, backup all your data. If even if this still doesn’t resolve the Pixel 2 issue, it would be best that you do a full system wipe. In other words, you’ll want to clear he cache partition.
How to Wipe the Cache Partition the Google Pixel 2
- Make sure to power the Pixel 2 off
- Press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons down at the same time
- The phone will vibrate
- You’ll then see the Android robot exclamation mark with a red triangle
- Press Volume Down to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition
- Press Power to select
- Your Pixel 2 will ask, ‘Wipe all user data?’
- Confirm by pressing Volume Down to scroll to Yes
- Then press Power to select
- It will take around 5 minutes to clear the cache
- Press Volume Down to scroll to Reboot System Now
- Press Power to select
- Your Pixel 2 will reboot with a very clean system cache
If none of these options work, proceed to factory reset the Pixel 2.