How To Clear Cache On OnePlus 5
Most of the problems that the users of the new OnePlus 5 experience are general Android problems that can easily and quickly be solved with just a few troubleshooting methods. The most effective way of solving bugs or any other software issue on your OnePlus 5 is to carry out a complete a factory reset or a wipe cache partition process.
The wipe cache process is more suitable when your OnePlus 5 is experiencing delays, memory glitches or your device is hanging. Follow the guide below to understand how you can clear the cache on your OnePlus 5.
What is the Work of the Cache?
Before you can decide to wipe out cache, I’m sure you will like to know what cache does to your device and why you need it to clear it on your smartphone. The new OnePlus 5 comes with two different types of cache namely; the app cache and the system cache. All the apps available on the OnePlus 5 comes with their own individual cache installed on the app. The work of the app cache is to provide a platform to store temporary data to make it easier to switch between apps. The work of the system cache on OnePlus 5 is similar to that of the app cache, the only difference is that the system cache stores for the Android software and not each individual app. This is the reason why it’s always recommended as a solution to clear the system cache whenever apps start crashing and freezing on your OnePlus 5.
How do You Clear the App Cache on the OnePlus 5?
If you are just having issues on a particular app, I will suggest that you first clear app cache and you can do this by following the steps below:
- Power on your OnePlus 5
- Locate Settings and click on App Manager
- Choose the app that you want to wipe the cache for
- After choosing the app, locate the app info screen
- Click on Clear Cache
- If you wish to cellar the cache for all apps, Click on Settings and then go to Storage
- Click Cached Data to wipe all app caches simultaneously
It’s important to point out that you should only choose to Clear Data if you want to lose information that the app saves like your login details (username & passwords), game progress, preferences, settings and so on.
Next Steps to Take When Clearing the App Cache Doesn’t Help
If the problem still persist after you have wiped the cache of specific apps on your OnePlus 5. The next effective method is to delete the app and reboot the device. Ensure that you backup all your files and important data before carrying out this process to prevent data loss. If the problem still persist after rebooting your OnePlus 5. I will suggest that you clear the system cache partition and see if that resolves the issue on your OnePlus 5.
Clearing the System Cache on the OnePlus 5:
- Power off your OnePlus 5
- Press and hold these keys together: Volume Up, Power and Home buttons,
- Release your finger from the Power key as soon as the Android logo appears and the OnePlus 5 vibrates
- Make use of the Volume keys to move to Wipe Cache Partition option
- Tap the Power key
- Move down to Yes and tap the Power key again
- Move to Reboot System Now and press Power
- Your device will reboot with a cleared system cache