How to Connect OnePlus 5 to TV
The display screen on the OnePlus 5 is excellent for watching movies and TV on the go, but when at home, there are no substitutes to the TV screen. In addition, you might want to see youtube videos on your TV big screen.
With the right software, you can quickly make the connection. If you want to connect your OnePlus 5 to the TV screen, this article will guide you on the process to follow. There are two different ways you can do this, you can use a wireless connection, and you can mirror your OnePlus 5 to your HDTV.
Connect OnePlus 5 to your TV Using the Wireless Connection
To do this, follow the instructions below step-by-step
- Buy an Allshare Hub and connect it to your TV using the standard HDMI cable
- Connect the AllShare Hub and your phone to the same wireless network.
- Browse Settings, select screen Mirroring
Hint: SmartTVs don’t require Allshare Hub; you can easily connect your OnePlus 5 to it.
Process to Connect OnePlus 5 to TV Using the Hard-Wired Connection
With the steps listed below, you can easily connect your OnePlus 5to your HDTV.
- Get a compatible MHL adapter for your OnePlus 5
- Connect the adapter to your phone
- Plug the MHL adapter to a power source
- Connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your TV using an HDMI cable
- Finally, set your TV to show video through the HDMI portal, and after which the TV will display what is on your OnePlus 5
Hint: If you are using analog TV, getting an HDMI to composite adapter will make it easy to connect your phone to TV.