Double Tap On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Among the most popular smartphone controls, the Double Tap to Sleep, respectively Double Tap to Wake have been enjoying a significant popularity ever since their first application to the LG smartphones. Their functioning principle is very simple – the phone is enabled to spot repetitive touches and associate a particular sequence, in this case, the double tap, with a particular action.
If the smartphone is awake the display will automatically go to sleep and the other way around. It looks great, it is, indeed, great to use, yet for some reasons, Samsung preferred to focus on the Always on Display feature. That’s why neither the Sleep nor the Wake Double Tap are possible on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
Nevertheless, suffices to use a third-party app or a free custom launcher and your Galaxy device will be easily actionable through these simple taps.
Today’s tutorial, however, will focus on a paid option which is, in our opinion, one of the best you can currently get. We are talking about the Nova Launcher app, available for free, yet whose gesture commands are only accessible through the Nova Launcher Prime, the paid version.
The step-by-step tutorial to enabling Double Tap on Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus:
- First, download the dedicated third-party app Nova Launcher;
- Then, get your access to the paid Nova Launcher Prime from here;
- Head to the general Settings of your smartphone;
- Identify the Application option and select it;
- Select Default Application;
- Select the Home Screen Option;
- From your list of options, tap on the Nova Launcher entry to set it as your Default Launcher – from now on, this will be the launcher of your Galaxy S8 smartphone;
- Head back to the Home screen by tapping on the Home button;
- Find any empty spot on the screen to tap and hold on it;
- Select Settings;
- Select Gestures and Inputs;
- From the newly-opened list, select the Double Tap option;
- Select the Scree Lock option as well;
- Press the Home key to return to the Home screen;
- Double tap anywhere on an empty area of the Home screen;
- Select Enable;
- Select the Activate button from the bottom right area of the screen.
And that was all. Feel free to start testing how to use the Double Tap to Wake and the Double Tap to Sleep on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
Alternatively, you can explore other similar apps that will easily turn your screen black and then power it back on from two simple taps. Sending your display to sleep or waking it up with double taps on the screen, however, should be used with caution!