There are issues concerning with some of the Essential PH1 smartphone users every time they turn on their phones. Sometimes the screen would turn black after its switched on. The buttons would light up but still a black screen remains and nothing shows up. There are several ways to to resolve this problem for your Essential PH1. Follow the instructions below on how to fix the Essential PH1 black screen issue.
Does the Screen Work in Recovery Mode?
Sometimes clearing out some old unused data can help with hardware issues. Try this boot process and see.
- Power down your device
- You’ll need to press and hold three buttons simultaneously instead of just the power button to recovery boot
- At the same time, press and continue to hold these three buttons: Power, Home & Volume Up
- After a few seconds you’ll feel a short vibration as the phone starts to boot
- You’ll notice small blue text that reads ‘RECOVERY MODE’ in one corner of the splash screen
- Booting might take a few minutes while looking for updates
- In recovery mode, the touch screen is not activated, only the most basic functions of the device
- Press the volume up and down keys to navigate menus
- Power button acts as ‘select’
- Select “Wipe cache partition”
- Confirm your selection
- Reboot the device
Factory Reset Essential PH1
If the method above didn’t work but you can reach the recovery screen, then try to factory reset the smartphone. The following is a guide on how to factory reset the Essential PH1. An important reminder before you factory reset your phone is to backup all your files and information to avoid lost data.
Get Technical Support
If none of the mentioned methods worked, take your smartphone back to the store to be checked by a technician for any damage. If proven defective and can’t repaired, you will be provided with a replacement unit.