Fix Galaxy Note 5 Error Message “Not Registered On Network”
For those that own a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, some want to know how to fix the message saying “Not registered on network”. The following are instructions on how to fix this issue on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. It may also be a good idea to use a free IMEI checker, to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong with your Galaxy Note 5.
How to fix not registered on network with Galaxy Note 5:
- Turn on your smartphone
- Open up “Dialer” and enter (*#06#) to show the phone’s IMEI number. If the message “IMEi Null” shows up, then the settings need to be reconfigured to fix the no signal or not register on network problem
- In the dial key enter (*#197328640#) or (*#*#197328640#*#*)
- Your smartphone will go into Command mode, and select on “Common”
- Now select “Option 1″ (Field Test Mode), if FTM is on, turn it “OFF”
- This will alter and restore the nulled IMEI number and it’s important to press the “Menu” key button before leaving the “Command” screen for this to go into effect.
- Select Key input and enter option 2.
- This will turn the FTM “OFF”
- Take out the SIM card and battery for 2 minutes
- Without placing the SIM card back, put the battery inside the Samsung Galaxy
- Enter (*#197328640#) on the dial pad
- Choose the Debug Screen
- Choose phone control
- Tap on nas control
- Tap RRC (HSDPA)
- To fix not registered on network or Null IMEI # , click RRC revision
- Now, click on the released your phone is , here we will choose option 5 (HSDPA only)
- Turn off the Samsung Note 5 and reinsert the SIM card