Fix Invalid MMI On Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
For those that own a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge you might want to know how to fix invalid MMI with message saying “Connection problem or invalid mmi code.” When you want to fix the invalid MMI code message, it will allow you to start making calls and text messages. But there are several ways to fix Android connection problem or invalid mmi code that will be explained below for the Galaxy S6 Edge.
There are several reasons why the “Connection problem or invalid mmi code” error message appears on your Galaxy S6 Edge, the main reason can be because there is issues with the carrier provider or problems with the SIM authentication on the smartphone. The following are several different methods to fix the connection problem or invalid mmi code on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Restart the Android Device
The first way to try to fix invalid MMI code would be to restart the smartphone. Going to to network settings and then holding the “Power” button and the “Home” button at the same time until the phone turns off and starts vibrating will restart the smartphone.
Modify the Prefix Code
Another way to fix the Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code on an Android smartphone would be to add a comma at the end of the Prefix code. When a comma is added, it forces the operation to execute and overlook any error. Below are two different ways that this can be done:
- If the Prefix code is (*2904*7#), then add a comma at the end, similar to this (*2904*7#,)
- You can use the + symbol after * similar to this (*+2904*7#)
Activating Radio and Turn on IMS over SMS
- Go to the Dial pad
- Type in (*#*#4636#*#*) NOTE: No need to press the send button, it will automatically appear the Service mode
- Enter Service mode
- Select on “Device information” or “Phone information”
- Select Run Ping test
- Click on the Turn Radio Off button and then the Galaxy will restart
- Select reboot
Check Network Settings
- Go to “Settings”
- Then select “Network Connection”
- Followed by “Mobile Networks”
- Then, “Network Operators” and select wireless provider during the search
- Connect again for another 3-4 attempts before it starts working again