How To Fix OnePlus 5 Black Screen Problem
Some owners of the OnePlus 5 have complained of seeing a black screen anytime they switch on their OnePlus 5. This issue does not affect the buttons because they will light up as normal but the screen won’t show anything. Some users experience this issue at random times. There are different methods that you can use to solve the OnePlus 5 black screen issue, make use of the following instructions to learn how you can fix the black screen issue on your OnePlus 5.
First Method: Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The instructions below will teach you how to get your OnePlus 5 into Recovery Mode:
- This procedure is done from the power off condition
- You will first need to touch and hold these buttons together: Home, Increase Volume + Power
- Hold until the phone begins to boot
- You can now use the volume buttons to choose “wipe cache partition” and use the Power key to confirm your selection
- As soon as the cache process is completed, your OnePlus 5 will reboot automatically
Make use of this guide to understand how to clear cache on the OnePlus 5
Factory Reset OnePlus 5
If the issue persists after trying the above suggestion to solve the black screen issue, I will advise that you reset your OnePlus 5 to factory settings. Make use of this guide on how to factory reset the OnePlus 5. You should make sure that you carry out a backup of your important files on your OnePlus 5 before you start this process to prevent losing important files.
Contact Technical Support
If the black screen issue persists after you have tried all the above methods, I will suggest that you take your OnePlus 5 to a store where it can be physically checked for damage. If the OnePlus 5 is found faulty by a technician, they will try to repair it for you or they can get you a new OnePlus 5.