Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 WiFi Connection Ends and Automatically Changes To Data
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge seem to be having a problem with the WiFi connection that gets terminated and automatically switch to the phones Internet. A main reason that the WiFi connection dies is because of a weak WiFi signal that no longer can connect the Galaxy S6 to the Internet. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the connection ends, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it.
The way that the Galaxy S6 WiFi connection switch from WiFi to data is based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. The name of this settings is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the Samsung Galaxy S6 in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the Galaxy S6 WiFi problem.
The following is the best way to disable the smart network switch on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone
- Enable the mobile data connection of the Samsung Galaxy S6.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your Samsung Galaxy S6 with the router still upright.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy S6 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile internet.
In most cases, the above instructions will help solve the WiFi problem. But if for some reason the Galaxy S6 WiFi connection gets terminated and automatically switch to the phones Internet running a “wipe cache partition” should fix the WiF issue. This method deletes no data from the Samsung Galaxy S6. All data such as photos, videos and messages are not deleted and safe. You can perform the “Wipe Cache Partition“ function over the Android recovery mode. Also recommended: How to clear Galaxy S6 phone cache
Solve the wifi issue on Galaxy S6
- Power off the Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time.
- After some seconds, the Galaxy S6 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started.
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it.
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Galaxy S6 with “reboot system now”.