Forgot Apple ID Password
Apple ID password and Apple iCloud passwords are forgot sometimes after not using them for long periods of time. It’s hard to remember your Apple ID password and most people completely forgot their Apple ID password all together. You may think that your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is completely useless now.
What happens when you forgot apple id password or forgot my Apple ID or iforgot iCloud? If iforgot my Apple ID password for your iPhone, iPad and iPod, you can reset your Apple ID password by following the steps that are mentioned below will help you regain access to your Apple ID.
Steps to reset your password:
- Go to the Apple website and going specifically to My Apple ID and select “Reset your password.”
- Now enter your Apple ID, then select Next. If can’t remember your Apple ID read How to find your Apple ID.
- After you enter your Apple ID, there are three ways you can reset your password. Choose an option below:
- Answer your security questions. Use these steps if you know the answers to your security questions.
- Use email authentication. We’ll send you an email that you can use to reset your password.
- Use two-step verification. If you set up two-step verification, you can use it to reset your password. You just need your recovery key and a trusted device.
Answer your security questions
- Select “Answer security questions,” then choose “Next”.
- Now enter your birth date, then choose “Next”.
- Now you can answer your security questions.
- After you have answered your security questions, you can set a new password and select Reset Password.
Use email authentication
- Choose “Email authentication,” then choose “Next”. Now Apple email you to confirm.
- Once you get the email, open it and select the link to reset your password.
- When the My Apple ID page opens, set a new password and select Reset Password.
Use two-step verification
- Enter your Recovery Key.
- Choose a trusted device. We’ll send your device a verification code.
- Enter the verification code.
- Set a new password and select Reset Password.
If you permanently lost your recovery key or access to your trusted device, you can’t reset your password.
If these steps didn’t help you reset your password, contact Apple Support.