Forgot My Pattern Lock Samsung Galaxy S7 (Solution)
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S7, you might forget the pattern lock and then need to reset the pattern lock. Many solutions to reset the password on the Galaxy S7 require completing a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone.
For those that don’t have their Samsung Galaxy backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Galaxy S7 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Galaxy S7 when you get locked out.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s Galaxy S7 phone case, wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, Samsung Gear VR Virtual Reality headset and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
- How to fix Galaxy S7 failed camera problem
- How to use Galaxy S7 split screen mode
- How to fix Galaxy S7 that keeps restarting itself
- How to enable developer mode on Galaxy S7
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Galaxy S7.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Galaxy S7 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy S7 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Galaxy S7. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another method would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung Galaxy S7 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Galaxy S7. If you have not already registered the Galaxy S7 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Galaxy S7 with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge is for those that have already registered their Galaxy S7 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Galaxy S7 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password