Forgot My Pattern Lock Sony Xperia XZ (Solution)
If you own a Sony Xperia XZ, you might forget the pattern lock and then need to reset the pattern lock. Many solutions to reset the password on the Xperia XZ require completing a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone.
For those that don’t have their Sony Xperia XZ backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Xperia XZ when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Xperia XZ when you get locked out.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Xperia XZ.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Powerbutton at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory resetoption and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user dataand press Power to select it.
- After the Xperia XZ has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Xperia XZ restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Xperia XZ. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Xperia XZ, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Reset Password with Sony Find My Mobile
Another method would be to use Sony’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Sony Xperia XZ which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Xperia XZ. If you have not already registered the Xperia XZ with Sony, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Xperia XZ with Sony
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the Xperia XZ is for those that have already registered their Xperia XZ with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Xperia XZ password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Xperia XZ.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Xperia XZ on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password