Forgot Pin Password On Essential PH1 (Solution)
In this article, we will show you what you can do when you have forgotten your pin password on your Essential PH1. Apparently, users forgetting their phone’s password is a common occurrence among smartphone users. One of the many solutions on fixing this problem is to perform a hard factory reset on your phone. Since doing so will delete all your files and data, the password on your Essential PH1 will also be reverted to factory default settings. Doing a hard factory reset on your phone is a fast, surefire way of resetting your password.
Although, the downside to this is that, as previously stated, all your files and data are deleted. This means all your applications, photos, videos, saved messages, and everything else will hit the trash. You will need to backup all important files that you wish to keep before proceeding with this method. For those that do not want to go through the process of backuping all important files and starting from scratch, there are other several methods you can try. We will refer to all other options below in step by step instructions, how to reset the password on your Essential PH1.
The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Essential PH1 when you get locked out.
Essential PH1 Password Reset by Factory Reset
- Switch your Essential PH1 off
- Select and hold the Volume up key, the Power button, and the Home key simultaneously until the Android icon appears on screen
- Use the Volume up and down keys to move the selection accordingly
- Select Wipe data/factory reset option by pressing the Power button
- Find Yes – delete all user data, and press the Power button to select it
- Wait for the reboot to finish
Once the Essential PH1 has finished rebooting, all your files and folders are emptied, and all your phone’s settings back to default. You have successfully performed a factory reset on your phone. This wipes out the entirety of your phone including the password, so you may now set a new one from your phone’s settings. It is important to make your you can remember your passwords to avoid encountering the same problem next time.
Essential PH1 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
Another method is through the Android Device Manager application. This solution only applies if the user has already registered their Essential PH1 device with Android Device Manager before being locked out of the phone. Using this method with your Essential PH1 phone consists of very easy steps, which we will enumerate below.
- Access the Android Device Manager application from a computer
- Browse the linked devices on the screen
- Select your Essential PH1 unit
- Activate the “Lock & Erase” feature
- Follow the steps shown on screen
- Create a temporary password
- Use the temporary password on your phone to unlock
- Set a new password to use on your phone
Once done, your phone is now open to use without compromising all your files and data. This method is only applicable when the device has been previously linked with Android Device Manager.