How to Recover Your PIN or Password on the Samsung Galaxy J5
One of the most common everyday disasters to beset a smartphone user is to forget one’s PIN or password. Especially for those of us with multiple devices, forgetting that passcode is easy to do, and yet has a huge, even catastrophic effect on our lives. Suddenly you can’t make calls or access any of your files or contacts! Fortunately there is at least one way to reset the password on your Samsung Galaxy J5.
It used to be possible to reset your Samsung Galaxy J5 PIN code without having to do a hard reset of the phone, but unfortunately those methods no longer work. The downside of a hard factory reset is that it deletes all the files and data on the smartphone. I’m discussing those older methods here because they used to work (and may work again in the future) but for now unfortunately the only recourse you have is to do a hard reset.
Samsung J5 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the J5.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the J5 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the J5 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Samsung J5 Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile (Obsolete)
Another option would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung J5 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the J5. If you have not already registered the J5 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible. This method no longer works.
- Register the J5 with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Samsung J5 Password Reset with Android Device Manager (Obsolete)
Another solution to reset the password on the Samsung J5 is for those that have already registered their J5 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the J5 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Samsung J5. This method no longer works.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your J5 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your J5
- Create a new password
Do you have any other clever ways to get access to your password or PIN code on the Samsung Galaxy J5? Share them with us in the comments if you do!