How to Recover Your PIN or Password on the Samsung Galaxy J7
The password or PIN code feature of your smartphone is very handy functionality. It permits you to have sensitive data on your Samsung J7 smartphone, secure in the knowledge that your data is safe from prying eyes even if some evildoer steals your device. Without the PIN code, they can’t unlock your phone or do anything with it other than make an emergency call to the police. Unfortunately, what’s sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander; if you forget your PIN code, then you yourself are locked out of your phone as well!
Unfortunately things have become even more difficult for phone owners. There used to be a couple of different methods for regaining access to your phone after losing the PIN code, but those methods no longer work. I will explain those methods here for historical purposes, but your only real resort to getting locked out of your phone is to do a hard factory reset. That unfortunately means losing all your data and files.
Samsung J7 Reset Password With Samsung Find My Mobile
You used to have the option of using Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android) feature. This worked by letting you use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung J7 which allowed you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the J7.
- Make sure your Galaxy J7 is registered with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Samsung J7 Password Reset With Android Device Manager
Similarly, another former solution for resetting your Galaxy J7 password was Android Device Manager. When using Android Device Manager to reset the password, all you needed to do was activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manager allowed you to get the J7 password to reset.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your J7 on the screen
- Enable the “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page that will pop up to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your J7
- Create a new password
Samsung J7 Reset Password With Factory Reset
The remaining method has the virtue of actually working, but unless you have your phone backed up, you will lose all your data and files.
- Turn off your Galaxy J7
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon
- Using the Volume down, scroll to wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it
- Using the Volume down, scroll and highlight Yes – delete all user data then press the Power button to select it
- When the J7 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Samsung J7. It’s important to note that before you go do a factory reset on the Samsung J7, you should have a backup of all your files and information to prevent losing data.