Forgot Pin Password On Samsung Galaxy J7 (Solution)
It’s very common to forget the password on your Samsung Galaxy J7. One of the many solutions to reset a password on a Samsung J7 would require a complete hard factory reset. On the downside, doing this will delete all of the files and data on your android device. For those that don’t have their Samsung Galaxy backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Samsung J7 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways of how to reset the lock screen password on Samsung J7 when you get locked out.
Samsung J7 Reset Password With Samsung Find My Mobile
Another option would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android) feature. The way it works is very similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung J7 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the J7. If you have not already registered the J7 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible
- Make sure your Galaxy J7 is registered with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary passwordtgt
- Set a new password
Samsung J7 Password Reset With Android Device Manager
Another solution to reset the password on your Galaxy J7 is for those that have already registered their J7 with Android Device Manager. When using Android Device Manager to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manager will allow you to get the J7 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Samsung J7.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your J7 on the screen
- Enable the “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page that will pop up to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your J7
- Create a new password
Samsung J7 Reset Password With Factory Reset
This method will delete all information on your device. Unless you have a phone backup or are willing to lose all data saved on your device, do not attempt this method and proceed to the next ones.
- Turn off your Galaxy J7
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon
- Using the Volume down, scroll to wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it
- Using the Volume down, scroll and highlight Yes – delete all user data then press the Power button to select it
- When the J7 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Samsung J7. It’s important to note that before you go do a factory reset on the Samsung J7, you should have a backup of all your files and information to prevent losing data.