Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus: Add Signature For Text Messages
If you’re sending a lot of text messages from your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, you probably want to have an automatic signature. That way, you will no longer have to sign your messages every time when you send them and people will no longer wonder – who is this person – like they used to do when you were forgetting to sign your messages. You’re doing it on your email apps, so could you do it on the text messaging apps?
Yes, you can add a signature for text messages in Galaxy S8/S8 Plus and you can actually do it in more than one way. Depending on whether you’re sending it with the stock Android messages app, with the Handcent Next SMS – an extremely popular third-party messaging app – or with the carrier’s messaging app, you can do it. And in this article, you’re going to learn the exact step for each of these individual situations.
If you use the built-in messaging app of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Launch the app;
- Tap on the MORE button from the upper-right corner;
- Select Settings;
- Select the option labeled as “Add signature to messages”;
- Tap on the option labeled as “Edit signature text”;
- Type the way you want to sign your messages;
- Hit the OK button when you’re ready.
If you use the popular third-party app Handcent Next SMS:
- Tap on Inbox, at the upper-left corner of the app;
- Switch to MORE;
- Tap on Settings;
- Tap on All;
- Scroll until you find and select the option labeled as “Send message settings”;
- Check the box of the Enable Signature option;
- Select the Personal Signature option;
- Type your preferred signature;
- Hit the Confirm button when you’re ready.
If you use your carrier’s messaging app:
It very much depends on the carrier and the app. Let us take Verizon as an example, with its Message+ dedicated messaging app. To personalize your signature, you just need to access the menu, tap on Settings, and use the Enable Signature option. You type in the desired signature and tap on Auto Signature to confirm it.
After all, no matter what app you’re using when trying to add signature for text messages on Galaxy S8, you will have to find the option with the same name among the app’s menus.