Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus Camera Not Working Solution
What can you do about the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus camera not working? One solution would be to take it to an authorized service and let the specialists have a look at it. But that would imply to wait for possibly a long time and even have to pay for it, in case the smartphone is no longer under warranty. Plus, if the problem is the “Warning! Camera error” message that keeps showing up, it is annoying enough that it prevents you from taking any photo or video. So, you probably want to solve it fast and solve it on your own.
Luckily, we have a couple of solutions for you to try. While we cannot tell from the very beginning whether it is a hardware or a software bug, here is what we recommend you:
Begin with a simple restart
Sometimes, it’s not the camera itself to blame, but rather the Android software. If that’s the case, simply restarting your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus might do the trick. All you have to do is to turn it off, let it sit for a couple of seconds, and turn it back on. Hopefully, as the characterized system files are reloaded, the error will go away. If not, keep reading.
Reset the Camera app
If the device restart didn’t work, perhaps resetting the Camera will do. For this purpose, access the Android Application Manager:
- Swipe down the Notification shade;
- Tap on the Settings icon;
- Select Applications;
- Open the Application Manager;
- From the drop-down menu, select the option All Apps;
- Identify the Camera app in the newly opened list;
- Select it and you should see a new window with all the Camera app information;
- Tap on the following buttons, in this precise order:
- Force Stop;
- Tap on Storage and select Clear cache;
- Select Clear Data;
- Wait for the device to restart.
When you’re back, the camera bug should be solved and all your photos and videos will be in place. What you just did was to reset the resolution, the flash mode and all the other settings of the app. If you’re still in the same situation…
Check the Camera module
This is a simple test that only implies accessing a setting. Depending on what you find in there, you will be able to tell what’s next. For now, follow these steps:
- Launch the Service menu of your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone;
- Tap on the button labeled as Mega Cam;
- In the newly opened window, you should be able to see a camera image if the camera module is functional;
- If you can’t see a camera image, it means it’s broken;
- If you see it, it means you need to proceed with the troubleshooting.
At this point, you might also have to try a factory reset. In case that not even this one will fix the “Camera Error! Warning!” message, the warranty is your only option. Of course, if the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is out of warranty, you can still ask an authorized service to replace your camera module.