Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus: How To Reset "Open With" Condition – Solved
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 learns how to behave depending on the settings and preferences you select. For instance, when you open a file that you have never used before, it will ask you which app from the ones currently installed you would like it to consider the default app for handling this type of files.
Once you make this setting, it will remain permanent and you will no longer receive this notification when opening the next similar files. If, at some point, you decide that you want to change the default value for a file or a document, you will have to delete the default values currently stored by the device.
When your Galaxy S8 will try to open the file next time and discover it has no execution value inscribed in there, it will prompt you the window from where you can select the default app once again.
To reset the Open With condition on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Go to the Home screen;
- Tap the App menu;
- Select Settings;
- Go to Applications;
- Select Default Applications;
- At this point, you can:
- Change the settings for any of the Browser, Call, or Message apps right from that menu;
- Tap on the Set As Default option to access a longer list of apps that support the Open With assignment;
- Within the Set As Default menu, you will have, again, two other options:
- None set as the Default
- Set as Default
- If you select None set as the Default, that app will not be associated with any kind of file;
- If you select Set as Default, that app will be set by default to a particular file opening;
- Select the app whose Open With entry you want to delete;
- In the newly opened window tap on the button labeled as Clear Defaults;
- Leave the menus and try to open a file previously associated with that app – you will be asked to select a default Open With option for it and you can now make the change you were planning for.
That’s how you handle your Samsung Galaxy S8 preferences for opening all kinds of files.