Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus: How To Stop Apps From Auto Starting
When you install third-party apps without paying too much attention to their settings, you might soon have a problem. Have you noticed that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is moving too slow lately? Does it take a lot of time to initialize at startup? It could be because of those many apps that also load at startup.
In today’s article, we’re going to present you two different solutions for permanently preventing these apps from running the moment when you turn on the device. Remember, this is about you getting to decide what apps to run automatically and what apps to wait until you manually turn them on.
Method #1 – Freeze third-party apps
Freeze or disable is a feature available on many Android devices. This one particularly applies to all those pre-installed apps that came together with your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, straight from the factory. If you want to freeze any of those apps:
- Go to Settings;
- Select Applications;
- Open the Application Manager;
- Choose the app you would like to freeze;
- Select Turn Off or Disable, depending on what version of Android you are running on and what settings you have available.
Method # 2 – Use a third-party app
The alternative would be to install a third-party app that does just that, runs at startup and makes sure to block particular apps from running when you boot the Galaxy S8.
- Go to Google Play;
- Search for the Startup Manager app;
- Download and install the Startup Manager from Google Play;
- Launch the Startup Manager and you will see a list of all the apps from the device;
- Tap on the minus symbol next to all those apps you don’t want to run at startup;
- Leave the app when you’re done.
As a word of caution, when using the Startup Manager, it is best to only disable the apps listed under the User category. If you’re doing the same with the System apps, you might make your Samsung Galaxy S8 work slowly or manifest different malfunctions – the system apps are very important and you shouldn’t block them from running from the very beginning.