Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus Not Staying Connected To Wi-Fi
There have been recent rumors of people that own the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus that they are having Wi-Fi problems such as it switching to data or just not being connected. This could be from the possibility of your Internet is not strong enough to stay connected to your Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi signal.
However, there is also the problem of even if you’re connection is strong, you’re Galaxy S8 will still not stay connected but there are certain steps that you can take to fix the problem. WLAN is one root of the cause since this is what connects to your mobile data for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus and it is enabled in in your Android settings.
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 has a very beneficial feature that called the “Smart Network Switch” that allows your smartphone to automatically switch from your mobile data to Wi-Fi. There is no need to worry since this Wi-Fi can be changed a bit to solve your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus Wi-Fi problem.
Fixing your Galaxy S8 From Not Staying Connected To Wi-Fi Problem:
- Make sure the Galaxy S8 smartphone is turned on.
- Mobile data connection should be enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Navigate to the Menu, then go to Settings, then Wireless after you have enabled mobile data connection.
- You will notice the option of “Smart network switch” in the beginning of the page.
- You can have this option unchecked to have wireless that is not that stable and connection with your Samsung Galaxy S8 and your upright router.
- The Wi-Fi issue of it not being able to connect for your Samsung Galaxy S8 should now be fixed.
You will be able fix the problem of the Wi-Fi if you follow the instructions that are above most of the time. You should switch to the smartphone that runs “Wipe Cache Partition” just in case your Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi is not connecting properly and it switches automatically. Your Samsung Galaxy S8 will be untouched since no data will be deleted.
As a notice, your information such as your videos, photos, and messages will be safe since they will not be deleted. Use the function of “Wipe Cache Partition” on top of the Android Recovery Mode.
Solve your Wi-Fi issue on the Galaxy S8
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 is turned off.
- Simultaneously click and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
- You will feel a vibration from your Galaxy S8 indicating the start of recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Begin the process of “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- You will be able to “Reboot System now” to restart your Galaxy S8 After some minutes have gone by.