Galaxy S9: How To Fix When It Turns OFF Randomly
There have been rumors circulating in online circles claiming that the Samsung Galaxy S9 is the best smartphone device of 2018. However, as expected, there have been cases of complaints where many users have claimed that their Samsung Galaxy S9 randomly shuts off for no reason and restarts by itself.
It is not a normal or good sign if your Samsung Galaxy S9 randomly shuts off or restarts by itself. We will guide you on how to rectify this issue. This is so that your Galaxy S9 doesn’t turn off or restart randomly.
Doing a Factory Reset of your Galaxy S9
The first step to try in fixing this problem is to perform a factory reset on the device. We recommend that you check out this guide on how you can do a factory reset for your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
It is highly important that you backup all your information and data including apps, videos, and images before performing a factory reset on your smartphone as the factory reset is guaranteed to wipe every single data off your Galaxy S9.
Clearing the Cache on the Samsung Galaxy S9
If after performing the factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S9, there are still additional glitches, then you should wipe the cache partition of your device.
Wiping your cache partition is an important recommendation from our part as we want your phone spic and span of any errors.
This numbered list will help you wipe your phone cache partition successfully.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S9 is turned off properly
- Hold down the Home Power, and Volume Down buttons simultaneously at the same time
- Once the Samsung logo boots up and you can see the Recovery text located at the top of the screen, let go of all the buttons
- Navigate through the Android Recovery Mode using the Volume buttons until you locate the Wipe Cache Partition option and use the Power button to click on it
- Use the Volume buttons to locate the Reboot System and use the Power button to click on it
Your Galaxy S9 will then reboot to the normal interface after which you can make the desired adjustments to your smartphone.
Warranty For Manufacture
We recommend that you check the warranty status of your Samsung Galaxy S9 in case the options offered above do not prove successful. The reason is that, with an ongoing warranty life, you can easily return the smartphone to the point of purchase and have it fixed or replaced.
It is possible that there are very serious factory issues affecting your device that cannot be resolved by our methods.