Google Pixel 2: How To Set A Song As A Ringtone
Modifying your contacts with its very own special ringtone is one of the best selling points of the Pixel 2. Being able to designate a specific sound for a certain contact on your phone is a nifty little trick to know who is calling just by listening to the sound your phone makes when someone is calling it. The following guide will walk you through the process on how you can use your personal music to make a customized ringtone on the Pixel 2.
How to Set a Song as a Ringtone on Pixel 2
Making or creating a custom ringtone is pretty easy. It will enable you to have access to a lot of options in setting cert ringtones for each particular contact, and also you can set customized sounds for your text messages as well. Simply follow the following instructions and you will know how to set custom ringtones:
- First, make sure that your Pixel 2 is turned on
- Then, open the Dialer app
- Locate and press on the contact you want to have a ringtone for
- Next is to press the pen-shaped icon to edit the contact
- After that, press the “Ringtone” button
- A popup window will appear with all of your different ringtones
- Search and select the song you want to use as a ringtone
- Finally, if the ringtone you made is on on the list, just press “Add” and locate it in your device storage, and then choose it
The guide laid out above should alter the ringtone for a particular contact on your Pixel 2. If done properly, all other calls will use the standard default ringtone, and any contact you alter will have their very own custom audio playback. Modifying your contacts with a special ringtone is a great way to make things more personal on the Pixel 2. Also, it will also enable you to know the caller without ever taking a peek at your Pixel 2.