Google Pixel And Pixel XL: How To Get Into A Locked Device
For those that have a Google Pixel or Pixel XL, you may want to know how to get into a locked Pixel or Pixel XL. Since it’s common to forget the passcode and then need to reset the password, we’ll explain how to do this below.
Many solutions to reset the password on the Pixel or Pixel XL require completing a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their Google Pixel backed up, we’ve listed several different ways to get into a locked Pixel and Pixel XL. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to get into a locked Pixel and Pixel XL.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Pixel and Pixel XL.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Powerto select it.
- After the Pixel and Pixel XL has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Pixel and Pixel XL restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Pixel and Pixel XL. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Pixel or Pixel XL, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Reset Password with Google Find My Mobile
Another method would be to use Google’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Google Pixel and Pixel XL which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Pixel and Pixel XL. If you have not already registered the Pixel and Pixel XL with Google, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Pixel and Pixel XL with Google
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the Pixel and Pixel XL is for those that have already registered their Pixel and Pixel XL with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Pixel and Pixel XL password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Pixel or Pixel XL. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Pixel or Pixel XL on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password