Google Pixel And Pixel XL Problems With WiFi (Solutions)
The Google Pixel or Pixel XL problems with WiFi seems like a common issue with those that own the new smartphone from Google. Some of the problems noticed on the Pixel or Pixel XL include a slow Wifi/weak Wifi connection, WiFi switches to data automatically and the ability to forget a WiFi connection on the Pixel or Pixel XL. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your Pixel or Pixel XL problems with WiFi that is causing you a headache.
Pixel or Pixel XL switches from WiFi to Data randomly
The way that the Pixel or Pixel XL WiFi connection switches from WiFi to data is based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the Google Pixel or Pixel XL. The name of this setting is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the Google Pixel or Pixel XL in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the Pixel or Pixel XL WiFi problem.
Make sure WiFi is turned off on Pixel or Pixel XL
It’s very common that your Pixel or Pixel XL is still connected to a weak WiFi signal, and you should you check to make sure the WiFi disabled or turned OFF. The following will take you to the Wi-Fi settings of the Pixel or Pixel XL:
- Turn on the Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Select on Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Touch the ON/OFF slider next to Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi OFF.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
To delete a saved Wifi network on the Pixel or Pixel XL or Pixel or Pixel XL Edge, go to the settings menu and look for the WiFi section. Browse for the network that you want to delete and remove from your Pixel or Pixel XL. Once you find the WiFi connection, long press it, and then select “Forget.” (There’s also a “modify” option, which mostly is a nice way to change the Wifi password saved on your device.)
- Turn on the Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Swipe down on the screen to open up the notification panel and select Settings.
- Browse to the Network connections section and then tap Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is off, select the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
- Select the required Wi-Fi network profile you want to forget and select Forget
- The selected Wi-Fi network profile has been forgotten.
Disable the smart network switch on the Google Pixel or Pixel XL and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone
- Enable the mobile data connection of the Google Pixel or Pixel XL.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your Google Pixel or Pixel XL with the router still upright.
- Now your Google Pixel or Pixel XL will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet.
Solve Slow WiFi on Pixel or Pixel XL
Another issues is the slow WiFi speed on the Pixel or Pixel XL is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix Pixel or Pixel XL WiFi problem.
How to fix slow wifi on Pixel or Pixel XL:
- Power off the Google Pixel or Pixel XL
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the Pixel or Pixel XL will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Pixel or Pixel XL with “reboot system now”
Get Technical Support
For those that have done everything they can to fix the slow Internet connection on the Pixel or Pixel XL, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.