How To Add Ringtones On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
A ringtone is that audio sound you get every time when you have an incoming call and your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is set on the Loud Ring mode. While the smartphone has a list of predefined ringtones and one set by default, you can always adjust those settings and either switch the default tone or add a new audio file – your favorite mp3 song, for instance, as a custom ringtone.
What’s even best, you can make it play the entire song or just a part of it so, if you have a favorite chorus, you don’t need to let the phone ring half of that song just to get to the part you enjoy most.
From this tutorial, you are going to learn how to do just that. The two main options that we are about to describe apply either to the entire agenda (method 1) or only to a particular contact (method 2). With the second method, you pick a contact, change its ringtone, and everyone else in your agenda will remain with the default ringtone. With the first method, you can change the ringtone for the entire agenda, EXCEPT for those contacts that you have previously personalized manually, following the steps of method 2.
Method 1 – change the Galaxy S8 ringtone for the entire agenda:
- Swipe down the Notification panel;
- Tap on the Settings icon >> Sounds and Vibration >> Ringtone;
- In the newly opened window, tap on the Ringtone option so you can select the default ringtone of all your future incoming calls;
- You will access a list of all the predefined ringtones on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus;
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap on the option labeled as “Add from device storage”;
- A pop-up window will ask you to select the app you want to use to complete this action;
- Select Sound Picker and then you can choose your favorite song from the Music player;
- Tap on the .mp3 song that you want to set as Galaxy S8 ringtone – the phone will pick up by default only the highlighted part of your audio file;
- To have the ringtone play the entire song, uncheck the box from the left of the Highlights Only option;
- Hit the Done button to save the changes;
- Leave the menus and wait for the first call that will use this newly selected ringtone.
Method 2 – change the Galaxy S8 ringtone for individual contacts
- Launch the Contacts app;
- Scroll until you find your favorite contact and tap on it;
- Select Edit and tap on the MORE button;
- In the extended menu, scroll to the bottom and tap on Ringtone;
- Scroll again to tap on the “Add from device storage” option;
- Tap on Sound Picker inside the Complete-action-using… window;
- Select the special song for that special contact, from the Music Player app where you will be automatically redirected;
- Uncheck the Highlights Only box if you want to hear the entire song when you receive a call;
- Select Done when you’re ready;
- Select Save for the changes to take effect;
- Repeat these steps with other contacts whose ringtones you’d like to personalize.
Now that you officially know how to add ringtones on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, you can have some fun and pick the happiest songs for the people you’re most fond of.