How To Change Device Name On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Whenever you want to connect a Samsung Galaxy S8 device with a Bluetooth hands-free, you will get to see the name of your smartphone displayed on the screen as it pairs with the other device.
Sure, this is just a formality, but many users would love the chance to personalize this minor detail, which is the name of their device.
If you too want to know how to edit your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus name, the steps are incredibly simple:
- Head to the Home screen of the smartphone;
- Swipe down the Notification shade – with one finger, from the top of the screen;
- Tap on the gear icon;
- Once you have accessed the Settings, look for Device Information – you might have to scroll a bit to get there;
- Tap on that entry and in the newly opened window you will see a Device Name field;
- Suffices to tap on Device Name and you will automatically access an editing field where you can replace the current name with something else;
- This is where you get to type in a personalized name for your smartphone.
After that, you can leave the menus and try to reconnect the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus with the hands-free. This time, you should be able to see the new name that you just set.