How To Clear Cache Nexus 5X
What is the cache and what does it do?
There are two different types of cache on the Nexus 5X. The first is the app cache, while the other is system cache. All the apps on the Nexus has its own cache installed on the app. This cache allows for the temporary data to be stored for better help when switching between apps. While, the system cache on the Nexus 5X does the same thing, but for the Android software instead of each individual app. That’s why when there are issues with apps crashing or freezing, it’s best to clear the system cache wipe to help fix this issue.
How to clear the app cache on the Nexus 5X
For problems that are just happening on a specific app, it’s best to first try to clear the app cache. You can clear the app cache with these instructions:
- Turn on your Nexus smartphone
- Go to Settings > App Manager
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for
- After you’ve selected the app, look for the app info screen
- Select on Clear Cache
- To clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously