How To Clear Cache On OnePlus 3
The OnePlus3 is a powerful newer smartphone that has a great feature set. However, as with all technological devices, issues do arise that are often hard to figure out. Fortunately, the OnePlus 3 has easy-to-use troubleshooting solutions that any user can carry out. In this article, I will show you a quick and easy way to completely clear the cache. These two solutions are able to solve most software issues on Android smartphones.
What is the cache and what does it do?
First, it’s important to to understand what the cache is and why clearing it on your OnePlus 3 smartphone can help resolve issues. Cache is just a store of memory on the device. The OnePlus 3 has two different types of cache. The first is the app cache and the other is system cache. All apps on a smartphone have their own cache, which allow them to store temporary data that the app uses when it runs. The system cache on the OnePlus 3 has a similar role, but for the Android operating software. When apps crash or have problems, it is often the case that a file in the cache has become corrupt or damaged. Wiping out those files and having that app start over when it runs the next time can help fix crashing issues or other problems.
How to clear the app cache on the OnePlus 3
For problems that are just happening on a specific app, it’s best to first try to clear the app cache. You can clear the app cache like this:
- Turn on your OnePlus 3
- Go to Settings > App Manager
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for
- After you’ve selected the app, look for the app info screen
- Select Clear Cache
- To clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously.
Don’t select Clear Data unless you want to lose all the information that app stores, like your user name, passwords, game progress, preferences, settings and so on. Data and Cache are two different things and you don’t need to clear your app data to fix issues.
What to do when clearing the app cache doesn’t help
If you have cleared the cache of individual apps and the OnePlus 3 problem is still happening, the next best option is to uninstall the app and reboot the device. It’s important to note that before you reset the OnePlus 3, you should back up all data to prevent anything from being lost during the reboot process. If you rebooting the OnePlus 3 and the problem is still happening, then it’s suggested that you perform a system cache wipe, also known as clearing the cache partition on the OnePlus 3.
How to clear the system cache on the OnePlus 3:
- Turn the OnePlus 3 off
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
- Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
- Press the Power button
- Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
- Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
- Your OnePlus 3 will reboot with a cleared system cache
If the problems persist the next step is to factory reset the OnePlus 3.