Samsung has recently released the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge which includes several great features, security, settings and a few different options that Google chooses to hide from the standard user. When users turn on and enable developer options on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, you have the ability to control some hidden features that you can change. With Developer Options you can control additional aspects of your device, change settings, or enable USB debugging for advanced functions will need to enable the hidden developer menu in settings.
- How to start Galaxy S7 in safe mode
- How to use private mode on Galaxy S7
- How to enter recovery mode on Galaxy S7
- How to place Galaxy S7 in silent priority mode
It’s easy to enable developer options on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, which only takes 5-6 taps of the screen. The following is a guide on how to turn on Developer Options on the Galaxy S7.
How to Enable Developer Options on Galaxy S7
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
First, go to the settings menu. You can also get here by sliding down the notification bar and tapping the same gear-shaped icon near the top right of the display. After you get to the settings go to the “About device” and select on the “build number.”After a few taps you’ll see the prompt and then tap four more times and you’re done. Then select on the back button and head back into the original base settings menu on the Samsung Galaxy S7. After you get back to the normal settings, you’ll see a brand new option above the “About device.”
Developer options is right above the About device setting, and a tap on that will take users into the previously hidden developer menu, which needs to be switched to on for full functionality.
After you have enabled Developer Options on the Samsung Galaxy S7, you’ll see settings that are targeted towards the advanced user. The main advantage to unlocking the developer options is having the ability to see settings that aren’t available to the standard users. When you browse the developer options you’ll see some animation scale options all set at 1x. Lowering these to 0.5x will make your phone feel much faster overall.
Should I Enable Developer Options?
When you Enable developer options on the Samsung Galaxy S7, there’s no damage that will be done to the smartphone. In Developer Options, you’ll just see options that are hidden by Google for a reason, but those looking to modify their device will need to access a few of those settings.
- How to hide photos on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix WiFi problems on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix slow Internet speed on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix black screen problem on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge to a TV
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge wireless charging not working
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge that gets hot