How To Enable Night Mode In Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Most smartphone users don’t really make any clear distinctions between day and night. If you have to use your phone at night, you do it, even though you’re not very happy with how it acts in poor lighting conditions. Google’s talks about the Night Mode of the latest Android upgrade gave anyone hopes that this could actually get a fix. But as you probably know, Nougat features the Night Mode in beta only. The latest official Android OS release does not include it.
To answer your question, there is actually one thing you could try, as an alternative. But before we get to it, let’s stick to the Night Mode for a little longer.
What is the Night Mode?
In case it’s the first time you hear about it, the Night Mode is a special feature intended to help the Android users get rid of the blue light emissions of their smartphones’ screens. This should considerably reduce the eye-fatigue and the excessive brain stimulation. Blue light is known to increase alertness and, together with it, your odds of dealing with insomnia.
Getting to use this feature would mean not only increased comfort for your eyes even when using the device at night but also an increased protection to your overall health.
Can you use the Night Mode?
As mentioned, this feature is only available in the beta version of the Android Nougat latest OS system. Some of the users who upgraded to the actual Android Nougat after previously using the beta Android Nougat had access to the Night Mode. Nevertheless, it looks like those who switched from the latest Android still cannot have access to it. And to this day, Google made no announcements regarding when we can expect for future updates that will make it available for everyone.
Still, there is good news in all that because developer Mike Evans conceived an app that will help Android Nougat users take advantage of the Night Mode feature without actually having to root their smartphones.
If you’re curious about it, here are the details you would need to know, to begin with. This app developed by Mike Evans is accessible for download within the Play Store. While there are other third-party apps promising you the same thing, this one is, by far, the most reliable you could try. To get it going, you will have to activate the so-called System UI Tuner, something you can do with a little trick on your Settings icon from the Notification shade. Read on and you will learn what you have to do, step by step:
How to download the Night Mode Enabler:
- Launch the Play Store;
- Search for the Night Mode Enabler app by Mike Evans;
- Download the app and follow the installation wizard.
How to configure the Night Mode Enabler:
- After the installation process has finished, launch the app;
- If you get the message requiring you to enable the System UI Tuner, you should:
- Open the Notification shade with one swipe downward from the top of the screen;
- Tap on the Settings icon and hold it;
- Only release the button when the icon starts to rotate and you see the message “Congratulations! System UI Tuner has been added to your Settings”;
- Tap once on the Settings icon to access the menu;
- Identify the System UI tuner option and tap on it;
- Select Understood in the popup box that will show up warning you about using the System UI Tuner.
How to enable the Night Mode Enabler:
- Go back to the Home screen;
- Launch the Night Mode Enabler app;
- Tap on the button “Enable Night Mode” from the screen that will open;
- You will then be redirected to a new window, where you have access to all the Night Mode options and settings;
- Select if you want to switch to the Night Mode manually or automatically and leave the menus.
From now on, whenever you have the Night Mode turned on, you can use the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus anywhere you want, no matter how dark it is, without worrying that it could hurt your eyes.