How to Factory Reset Galaxy S6
Sometimes when your Galaxy S6 is having some problems, the best option is to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S6. Another great reason to factory reset a Galaxy S6 is to get a fresh start on the smartphone. No matter the reason, we’ll be teaching you how to factory reset a Galaxy S6.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s Galaxy S6 phone case, wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
Recommended: How to Hard Rest Galaxy S6
It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a Galaxy S6, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost. The way to back up data on your Galaxy S6 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset. For the rest of your files you can use a backup app or service. You get 15GB of space in the cloud with Google Drive.
How to Factory Reset a Working Galaxy S6
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. On the next screen, select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset Galaxy S6 with Hardware Keys
If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your S6 using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the Galaxy S6.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Galaxy S6 has rebooted, then use the Powerbutton to select it.
- When the Galaxy S6 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
- How to find a lost or stolen Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen that won’t rotate
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge back button not working
- How to fix Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to screen mirror on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge to a TV
- How to fix volume not working on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to remove duplicate contacts on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge