How To Factory Reset Nexus 5X
A common way to fix any Nexus 5X problem is to factory reset the Nexus 5X. Another benefit of doing a Nexus 5X factory reset is to get a fresh start on the device, this will make the smartphone seem like it just came out of the box. Below are the instructions on how to get your Nexus 5X back to factory settings.
It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a Nexus 5X, it’s suggested to back up all files, data and images to prevent anything important from being lost. The best way to back up your Nexus 5X is by going to Settings > Backup & reset.
How to Factory Reset Nexus 5X
Go to the notification section of the Nexus 5X and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset. Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. Then select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset Nexus 5X with Hardware Keys
If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your Nexus 5X using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the Nexus 5X.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Nexus 5X has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Nexus 5X restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.