How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 7
For those that own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, it’s important to know how to factory reset the Samsung Note 7 in case you have any problems with the smartphone. When you go to factory reset a Samsung Note 7, it allows the smartphone to get a fresh start. No matter the reason you need to factory restart your Note 7, we’ll be explain below how to factory reset a Samsung Note 7.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
Recommended: How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 7
It’s important to know that before you go to factory reset a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, that it’s recommended to back up all files to reduce the risk of losing any important data. The way to back up data on your Note 7 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset. For the rest of your files you can use a backup app or service. You get 16GB of space in the cloud with Google Drive.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with Hardware Keys
If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive on your Note 7, you still factory reset your Note 7 using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the Samsung Note 7.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Homebutton, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume downselect wipe data/factory reset option and press the Powerbutton to select it.
- Using the Volume downhighlight Yes – delete all user data and press Powerto select it.
- After the Galaxy Note 7 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy Note 7 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Note 7 Method 2
Go to the notification section of the Samsung Note 7 and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.
Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. On the next screen, select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.