How to Find Out the Exact Date When You Created Your Facebook or Instagram Account
When did I create my Facebook or Instagram account? You may want to know this for several reasons, maybe for nostalgia, celebrating personal milestones, or even legal or investigative purposes. Unless you have a really sharp memory, you may not recall the exact date of when you joined these platforms.
Luckily, Facebook and Instagram let you quickly find your account creation date through a few simple steps if you belong to the latter category. Whether you use Facebook’s web or mobile app, below are the complete steps to find out the exact date you created your Facebook account on each.
How to Find Out the Exact Date When You Joined Facebook From the Web
Facebook lets you easily view your account creation date from the web.
- Open Facebook on your PC.
- Click on your Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- A menu will open. Select Settings & privacy from it.
- Click on Settings.
- On the Facebook settings page, Your Facebook information section will open up.
- Click on Account profile information.
- Select Personal information from the left panel on the next screen.
- Finally, you’ll find the exact date you created your Facebook account under Your account creation date.
These above steps will help you find the exact date when you joined Facebook. However, you can’t use this method to view the account creation date of your friend’s profile. But you can view your friends’ birthdays on Facebook to wish them on your special day.
How to Find Out the Exact Date When You Joined Facebook From Your Phone
Irrespective of whether you use an iPhone or Android, you can use the official Facebook app to find when you joined the platform from your phone.
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines/Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and go to Settings & privacy.
- Tap Settings.
- On the next screen, scroll down to the Access your information option under Your information.
- Lastly, tap the Personal information card.
- You’ll find your account creation date here.
In case you are wondering, there are ways you view the private Facebook profile and photos on the platform.
How to Find the Exact Date That You Joined Facebook From Your Email
There’s another more straightforward method to find the exact date that you joined Facebook, and that’s via email. The social media giant sends every new user a personalized ‘welcome email’ on their successful signup and a confirmation.
Now, if you can access this email in your mail app, you can get your account creation date from there. For this, go to your mail app, and search for Welcome to Facebook. Alternatively, Facebook Registration Confirmation is another keyword you can look for.
Check for the email; its date should be your Facebook account creation date. The only catch here is that this method won’t work if you delete your emails frequently.
How to Find Out the Exact Date When You Created Your Instagram Account
Like Facebook, you can also find out the exact date you created your Instagram account. The best part here is that the steps are the same across the web and mobile app.
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap the Profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- Scroll down to the More info and support section on the next screen. Tap About under it.
- Next, choose the About your account option to get your Instagram joining date.
When Did You Join the World of Social Media?
Here you go, peeps. That’s how you can find the exact date you created your account on Facebook or Instagram. For Facebook, in particular, the email method is the easiest and quickest, in our opinion. Further, it’s the best workaround if your Facebook account is hacked.
If you are a social media addict, here’s how you can find out when Facebook or Instagram are down.
A. Go to their Profile to view someone else’s Instagram creation date. Tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner, and select the About this account option. Here, you’ll get the person’s joining date and location.
A. People can see when you joined Facebook by scrolling down to your first post on the platform. But you can hide your first post from Public view to Only Me from the settings.