How To Fix Google Pixel And Pixel XL Slow WiFi Problem
Some have reported that the Google Pixel or Pixel XL having a slow WiFi problem. One example of a slow WiFi speed on the Pixel or Pixel XL is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load.
Others have suggested that when they use Google Now, the screen gets stuck on “Recognizing…” and quite comes up with “Can’t reach Google at the moment.” A main reason that the Pixel or Pixel XL WiFi connection is slow is because of a weak WiFi signal that no longer can connect the smartphone to the Internet.
But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix Pixel or Pixel XL WiFi problem.
How to Pixel or Pixel XL slow WiFi problems:
- Factory Reset Pixel or Pixel XL
- “Forgetting” your Wifi Network and Reconnecting
- Resetting the Modem/Router
- Switching from DHCP to Static Connection on Phone
- Switching DNS to Google’s Addresses on Phone
- Changing the Router Bandwidth Settings
- Changing the Router’s Broadcast Channel
- Adjusting the Modem/Router Security Settings and even Disabling Security
- Calling your ISP and upgrading to a Higher Bandwidth/Speed
In most cases, the above solutions will help solve the slow WiFi problem on the Pixel or Pixel XL. But if for some reason the Pixel or Pixel XL WiFi is still slow, completing a“wipe cache partition” should fix the WiFi issue. This method deletes no data from the Google Pixel or Pixel XL. All data such as photos, videos and messages are not deleted and will be safe. You can perform the “Wipe Cache Partition“ function in the Android recovery mode. Read this guide to learn how to clear Pixel or Pixel XL phone cache.
How to fix slow wifi on Pixel or Pixel XL:
- Power off the Google Pixel or Pixel XL
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the Pixel or Pixel XL will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Pixel or Pixel XL with “reboot system now”