How To Fix HTC 10 Slow WiFi Problem
Some have reported that the HTC 10 having a slow WiFi problem. One example of a slow WiFi speed on the HTC 10 is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load.
Others have suggested that when they use Google Now, the screen gets stuck on “Recognizing…” and quite comes up with “Can’t reach Google at the moment.” A main reason that the HTC 10 WiFi connection is slow is because of a weak WiFi signal that no longer can connect the smartphone to the Internet.
But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix HTC 10 WiFi problem.
How to HTC 10 slow WiFi problems:
- Factory Reset HTC 10
- “Forgetting” your Wifi Network and Reconnecting
- Resetting the Modem/Router
- Switching from DHCP to Static Connection on Phone
- Switching DNS to Google’s Addresses on Phone
- Changing the Router Bandwidth Settings
- Changing the Router’s Broadcast Channel
- Adjusting the Modem/Router Security Settings and even Disabling Security
- Calling your ISP and upgrading to a Higher Bandwidth/Speed
In most cases, the above solutions will help solve the slow WiFi problem on the HTC 10. But if for some reason the HTC 10 WiFi is still slow, completing a“wipe cache partition” should fix the WiFi issue. This method deletes no data from the HTC 10. All data such as photos, videos and messages are not deleted and will be safe. You can perform the “Wipe Cache Partition“ function in the Android recovery mode. Read this guide to learn how to clear HTC 10 phone cache.
How to fix slow wifi on HTC 10:
- Power off the HTC 10
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the HTC 10 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the HTC 10 with “reboot system now”