How to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Problem on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
iMessage waiting activation is not a very rare problem and you may come across it the course of using your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus device. Thus it would be imperative that you learn how to fix such issues whether or not you are facing it at the moment. You also need to learn how to activate iMessage if the iMessages are not working on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
In our guide, you will learn how to activate iMessage in case your iMessage is not working. However, it is never easy to start explaining from scratch how to activate iMessage when it is not working on your device.
The internet is full of solutions to the iMessage problem but not all of them are effective and you might find that in the end you still face the iMessage waiting activation problem.
What to Do Before Fixing the I message Waiting Activation Issue
You need to check a number of things before you try to fix the I message problem on your iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
- Ensure that your number is listed the correct number on the device. You can check from the top of the contact list where it is written My Number or go to the Settings and Check from the Phone section, My Number and then Enter Your Number.
- Ensure the date and time are correct. Can have the option of choosing to Set Automatically which will ensure that the time is set basing on the Time Zone of your device location.
- Check for network problems such as Wi-Fi issues which could cause iMessage activation to be unsuccessful
- Contact your wireless provider for assistance sand to make sure that the device supports iMessages. The wireless provide will verify if there are any settings in place such as blocks or filters that could be hindering the I message activation and it is also the best way to learn how to activate iMessage
Sign In and Sign Out With Your Apple ID
You can solve the iMessage activation issue by simply signing out then logging in again in your Apple ID.
To do this,
- Go to Settings and open Message. Scroll down and tap on Send and Receive
- Tap Apple ID and then Sign Out
- Now Switch Off iMessage and after a little while, turn On/Off Wi-Fi and then switch back on the iMessage.
- Type in your Apple ID details and try reactivating iMessage
Check the Airplane Mode
You can also quite easily fix the iMessage waiting activation by turning On and Off the Airplane Mode.
- Go to your Settings and Select Messages then Turn Off the iMessage. You may also need to disable FaceTime
- Turn On the Airplane Mode which will turn off the Wi-Fi
- Turn on the Wi-Fi and then head back to the iMessage and turn it On
- If you haven’t added an Apple ID you will be prompted for it
- Once again, go to the Settings and turn Off Airplane mode.
- A Notification will be displayed which says, “ Carrier may charge for SMS” just select OK and proceed
- If not then go back to iMessage, turn it Of then turn it back On
Reset or Restore your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
If none of the solutions so far have yielded positive results and you still need to fix the iMessage waiting for activation issues then try to reset or restore your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus using this guide on How to Reset or Restart iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. The location settings Ned to be reset after which you can now reset or restore the iPhone. Once you finish resetting or restoring your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, login using your Apple ID and then set up iMessages afresh.