How To Fix LG G4 Black Screen
It’s common knowledge that when a smartphone is asleep or turned off, the screen is black. When you turn it back on or attempt to wake it up then, ideally, the screen will turn back on. Despite this, sometimes the LG G4 will have a black screen even after you have turned on the smartphone.
The problem is that the LG G4 buttons light up like normal, but the screen remains black and nothing shows up, as the screen fails to wake up. There are several different ways to try to solve the LG G4 blank screen problem, follow the instructions below to learn how to fix the LG G4 screen not turning on issue.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The following steps will get the LG G4 into Recovery Mode:
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
- After the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button, while still holding the other two buttons until the System Recovery screen appears.
- Using the Volume Down button, highlight Wipe Cache Partition and press the Power button to select it.
- After the cache partition is cleared, the LG G4 will reboot automatically.
Read this guide for a more detailed explanation on how to clear the cache on the LG G4.
Factory Reset LG G4
If the method above didn’t help you fix the black screen problem on the LG G4, then you should try to factory reset the smartphone. The following is a guide on how to factory reset the LG G4. It’s important to note that before you go to perform a factory reset on your LG G4, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost. Otherwise, everything will be deleted during the reset.
Get Technical Support
If neither of the methods above have worked in trying to get the LG G4 black screen to turn back on, then your best bet is to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where a technician can physically check the phone for damage. If it’s proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you, or it could be repaired.
For those interested in getting the most out of your LG G4 smartphone, then make sure to check out LG’s G4 phone case, wireless charging pad, the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, and the LG back cover replacement for the ultimate experience with your LG G4 smartphone.
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself
- How to fix LG G4 that’s freezing and crashing
- How to use Fingerprint sensor on LG G4
- How to fix camera failed problem on LG G4
- How to fix LG G4 not charging problem
- How to fix LG G4 screen that won’t rotate
- How to fix LG G4 bluetooth problems
- How to fix audio and volume problems on LG G4
- How to fix LG G4 WiFi problems
- How to reset password when locked out of LG G4
- How to set custom ringtones on LG G4