How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S9 Slow Wi-Fi Problem
If you are an owner of Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone, you could be experiencing a problem with your Wi-Fi connection. You will notice that the Wi-Fi connection you are connected to is slow when surfing. This happens especially on social media websites such as Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. Usually, the icons do not load and any images on the website will take too long to load.
If you are having a slow Wi-Fi connection, there is no doubt that you will experience the same frustrations using Google Now. For those who have tried using Google Now on a slow Wi-Fi connection, they have reported that the smartphone gets stuck on ‘Recognizing.’ All these disappointments are as a result of a very weak Wi-Fi signal which will disrupt any strong internet connectivity.
If you realize that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal but a poor internet connection this can result in an overall frustrating experience for you as the user.
Slow WiFi on Galaxy S9 Fix
- Perform a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone
- Select the Wi-Fi network and tap on Forget then try reconnecting back to it again
- Switch to a static connection from a DCHP one
- Change to new router bandwidth settings
- Switch to Google Addresses on phone from the normal DNS servers
- Change the broadcast channel of the router you are using
- Try changing the security settings of your modem/ router or disable them altogether
Call your Internet Service Provider
If none of these solutions is giving you the desired result of a faster Wi-Fi internet connection, you should call your internet service provider and inquire from them the possible cause of the slow Wi-Fi connectivity and if there is anything that can be done to boost the speed of the Wi-Fi connection.
Many people who had the slow Wi-Fi connection problem have admitted to finding a solution among the alternatives provided above. This is not to say however that all these solutions will work. Because in some extreme cases, users have had to perform a wipe cache partition operation to restore a fast Wi-Fi connection. Wiping cache partition is a safe and harmless operation. It does not interfere with any stored data on your device so there is no need to backup your files beforehand.
To learn how to wipe the cache partition, follow this link or follow the steps below
How to Wipe Cache Partition on Galaxy S9
- Power your Samsung Galaxy S9 off
- Press and hold the following buttons at the same time; power button, volume increase button and the home button of the Galaxy S9
- Wait until you feel a buzz which implies that your phone has now entered the System Recovery Mode
- In this mode, select the Wipe Cache Partition using the volume up button to browse through and the power button for selecting your chosen item
The operation to wipe the cache partition will take a few seconds to complete after which you can reboot your system by using the power button to select Reboot System Now option.