How To Hard Reset OnePlus 3
The OnePlus 3 is a powerful Android smartphone with many advanced features. However, as with all smartphones, sometimes you will get the phone into such a state that it just stops working properly. Whether you installed the wrong program or just have fragmented the memory so badly that the operating system can’t fix it, there’s a simple if drastic final resort: you can reset your OnePlus 3 to factory default settings, essentially starting over with the phone. (If the solutions in this article don’t work, you might try this one: how to factory reset OnePlus 3).
Please note that if you do a hard reset on your OnePlus 3, this will permanently remove and delete all your data – your apps, your files, your settings, your contacts, your call history, your texts – everything. If your phone is working even a little bit, it’s a good idea to backup your data before you do a reset. You can backup your data on your OnePlus 3 by going to your Settings menu and selecting Backup & reset.
How to Hard Reset A OnePlus 3, Method 1:
- Turn off the OnePlus 3
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time, until the OnePlus logo appears.
- Use the Volume Down button to scroll through the Recovery Mode menu and select “wipe data / factory reset”. Hit the Power button to confirm.
- Select “Yes — delete all user data” to confirm the whole operation.
- After that select “reboot system now”.
How to Hard Reset A OnePlus 3, Method 2:
- Turn on the OnePlus 3
- Once you get to the Home Screen go to Menu and then to Settings.
- Select Backup & reset and then Reset device.
- To confirm your choice select Erase everything.