How To Lock Apps On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
These days, we store so much personal or business-related information on our handheld devices that it’s become more important than ever to protect it to the best of our abilities. This remains the case regardless of the device you use, including if you use a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. If using a password on the lock screen doesn’t feel like enough privacy for you, you can add an extra layer of protection so you can prevent unauthorized access to some of the most important apps running on your Galaxy S8.
If you prefer, you can stick to a simple swipe to unlock your device, but use a third party app that will lock individual apps. Such options are available right in the Google Play Store, where you can search for and find free, reliable solutions to your problems.
In today’s article, we’d like to introduce you to the AppLock app. This one is particularly appreciated for its efficiency, so we thought you would want to know about it and use it for free to protect specific apps on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
Say you have downloaded and installed this app. What now, you wonder?
- Launch AppLock, and the first time you do it you will be prompted to set up your password and to provide a security email address.
- This password will be required in the future every time you want to reopen the app or to access any app that you already locked with its help.
- Then, you can start exploring the super simple and intuitive interface of AppLock.
- You can start locking apps one by one, from Phone and Text Messaging to Messenger, Facebook, or anything else you have in there; there’s a list of all the apps on your Galaxy S8 and a lock button next to each name that automatically locks the app when you tap on it.
- You can also set up a Photo or Video Vault, where you can safely lock particular photos or videos stored on your smartphone.
- Leave the app when you’ve finished configuring your lock preferences and continue using the device however you see fit.
From this moment on, whenever you try to access an app that you locked through the AppLock application, you will be required to type in the password. Feel free to go back to AppLock and unlock apps at any time when you change your mind.
Of course, no one is going to insist that you use this particular app, as AppLock is just one of the many solutions on how to lock apps on your Galaxy S8. The Google Play Store is full of alternatives; use its search function for “app lock” and your good judgment to see what else is available out there for you to try.