How To Manage Groups On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Have you gotten the chance to explore your group options on your new Samsung Galaxy S8? Are you aware that it comes with some pre-defined groups and plenty of other options for you to tweak?
To put it simple, there are four things that you can and you should be able to do at any given time with the groups from your Samsung Galaxy S8 agenda.
How to manage groups on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- Create a new group;
- Delete an old group;
- Add a new contact to an old group;
- Send a message within a group.
To get you a bit more excited about this great feature and also help you have a better view on your options, here are more details on each of these options.
Creating a new group on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Go to the Home screen;
- Tap on the Apps menu;
- Head to Contacts;
- Select Groups;
- Tap on the Create button;
- Choose where you want to save that group – you can select a specific account, all the accounts you have registered with your smartphone, or just the memory of the device;
- Type a name in the text box labeled as Group Name;
- Select a ringtone for all the notifications and incoming calls that you will receive from the members of that group;
- Hit the Add Member option to select all the contacts you want to include in this group;
- Hit the Done button when you’ve finished adding the members;
- Hit the Save button to officially create the group and memorize all these traits that you just selected.
Deleting an old group on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Head back to the Contacts app from the Apps menu;
- Select the Groups sub-menu;
- Select the group you wish to delete from the list of existing groups;
- Tap on the MORE button;
- Tap on Delete from the list of options that will extend;
- In the next window, you will get to choose whether you want to delete the group alone (and keep the contacts in your agenda) or the group and the members (to permanently remove all those contacts from your phone).
Adding a new contact to a group:
- Go to Apps, Contacts;
- Access the Group sub-menu;
- Hit the Edit button;
- You will see the option Add Member;
- Tap on it and select the contact you want to add to the group;
- Tap Done;
- Tap Save before you leave the menus.
Sending a message to a group:
- Launch the Contacts app;
- Tap on Groups;
- Select the group containing the member or the members to whom you want to send a message;
- Tap on the MORE option;
- Select Send Message;
- Select the recipients under the recipients’ icon;
- Type your message;
- Hit the Send button.
Everything is generally intuitive when it comes to handling the groups of a Galaxy S8 agenda. Nevertheless, when you don’t know your options, you may not be tempted to search for it or explore all the possibilities. And you may also be clueless that the groups you create in your Contacts app don’t necessarily have to have phone numbers for their users. Any kind of contact details you choose to add, they will all be stored in the same place.
Now that you know all that, feel free to take your Galaxy S8 experience to a whole new level, hopefully, a clearer and more organized one!