How To Rename Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus Photos?
The photos that you store or you receive on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus can be edited in a couple of different ways. Today, however, we’re going to talk about how to rename a photo on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. The process is simple and you actually have two different methods at hand.
Each method is dictated by the access path. Because you can surf through your photos from the default app, the Photo Gallery, but also from the My Files section, here are the steps for each of these two individual situations.
To rename a photo from the Photo Gallery app on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Go to the Home screen of the device;
- Tap on the Photo Gallery icon to launch the app;
- Scroll down until you identify the photo you would like to rename;
- Go to the upper right corner of the screen and tap the MORE button;
- From the context menu that will show up, select the Details option;
- In the newly opened window with the details of your photo, tap on the EDIT button from the same upper right corner of the screen;
- In the next window, the Title field becomes editable and the cursor might already blink in there;
- Type in your desired name instead of that sequence of numbers;
- Tap on the SAVE button at the top of the screen when you’re ready.
To rename a photo from the My Files folder on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Launch My Files;
- Find the photo you would like to edit;
- Long tap that file;
- Select the MORE option;
- Select Rename;
- Type the desired name;
- Confirm the changes and save by tapping on the Rename button.
That’s how you can edit the name of any photograph stored on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.