Wi-Fi Calling On Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Voice and video calls from smartphones are more accessible than ever, but the novelty is that you no longer have to pay extra for them. As long as you have a Wi-Fi connection, you can make calls totally for free with the added benefit that you don’t need to download any extra apps.
Wi-Fi Calling on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, as it is often called, allows you to stay in touch with your friends and family from any place where you have a Wi-Fi connection, even when the signal network is poor enough to prevent you from making regular voice calls from your smartphone. Since you’re not even using your mobile data, it is understandable why we say you can make long calls without paying a dime. All you will have to do is to connect to a particular Wi-Fi network and keep using your phone as you would normally do.
How to turn on Wi-Fi Calling on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Tap on the Apps icon from the Home screen;
- Launch the Settings app;
- Look for the Wi-Fi switch;
- Tap on it to activate the Wi-Fi if it’s currently inactive or just leave it like that if it was already turned on;
- Go to More Connection Settings;
- Select the Wi-Fi Calling option;
- Toggle its switch from Off to On;
- Turn on the Wi-Fi calling by selecting one of the following two options:
- Wi-Fi preferred;
- Never use Cellular Network.
How to set up your Wi-Fi calling connection preference
- Switch your Galaxy S8 from mobile data to Wi-Fi;
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi is turned on and connect to a Wi-Fi network from the nearby;
- Access the Wi-Fi settings under the General Settings and tap on Connections;
- Select More Connection Settings;
- Select Wi-Fi Calling;
- Pick your connection preference from:
- Wi-Fi Preferred;
- Cellular Network Preferred;
- Never Use Cellular Network.
Now that you know the entire above, Wi-Fi calling on Samsung Galaxy S8 on Galaxy S8 Plus might just become your favorite way of staying in touch with family and friends.