How To Reset Password On OnePlus 3T When Locked Out
If you own a OnePlus 3T, it’s very common to forget the password. Much like it’s common for people to forget the password for basically anything that has a password. And of course, then they need to reset the password. One solution to reset the password on the OnePlus 3T requires completing a hard factory reset, which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their OnePlus 3T backed up, we’ve compiled a couple different ways that you can reset the password on the OnePlus 3T when locked out without having to go through a factory reset and lose data or files.
The following is a guide that will teach you these two different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the OnePlus 3T when you get locked out, as well as how to go through with a factory reset if you decide that’s what you need to do.
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on the OnePlus 3T is for those that have already registered their OnePlus 3T with the Android Device Manage. When using the Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on the Android Device Manger will allow you to get the OnePlus 3T password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the OnePlus 3T. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your OnePlus 3T on the screen
- Enable the “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your OnePlus 3T to bypass the lock screen
- Create a new password
Reset Password with OnePlus Find My Mobile
Another method would be to use OnePlus’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your OnePlus 3T which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the OnePlus 3T. If you have not already registered the OnePlus 3T with OnePlus, try registering it as soon as possible. That way this method will be available to you if you need it in the future.
- Register the OnePlus 3T with OnePlus
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Reset Password with Factory Reset
In some cases, this may be your only option, even if the other two might be a bit more ideal.
- Turn off the OnePlus 3T
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon
- Using the Volume down button, select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and press the Power button to select it
- Using the Volume down button, highlight ‘Yes – delete all user data’ and press the Power button to select it
- After that, your OnePlus 3T will reboot
- When the OnePlus 3T restarts, everything will be wiped and it will be ready for you to set it all up again
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the OnePlus 3T. However, it’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the OnePlus 3T, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.