How To Set Custom Ringtones On Android 6.0 Marshmallow
For those with a smartphone operating on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you may want to know how to create custom ringtones for contacts. The good news is that it’s fairly easy to make custom contact ringtones and custom notifications ringtones. You can apply these ringtones to either one specific individual contact or everyone. Below we’ll explain how you can use your own music to create a custom ringtone on your smartphone running on Android Marshmallow 6.0.
How to set custom ringtones on Android 6.0
The process to add and create custom ringtones for contacts is very easy. You have the option to set custom ringtones for each individual contact, and set custom sounds for text messages as well. The follow steps below to set custom ringtones:
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Go to the Dialer app.
- Browse and select the contact you want to edit a ring tone for.
- Select the pen-shaped icon to edit the contact.
- Then select the “Ringtone” button.
- A popup window will show up with all your ringtone sounds.
- Browse and select the song you want to use as a ringtone.
- If the ringtone you made isn’t listed hit “Add” and find it in your device storage, then select it.
The instructions above should change the specific ringtone for one individual contact on your smartphone operating on Android Marshmallow 6.0. While all other calls will use the standard default sound from settings, and any contact you customize will have their own custom tune. The best reason to create a custom ringtone on your smartphone is to make things more personal, and it’ll allow you to know who’s calling without ever looking at your smartphone.