How To Take A Screenshot On My Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Phone
By now you have used your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone for quite some time and you are now thinking how can you take a screenshot on your phone. Don’t feel bad because there are quite a lot of Samsung Galaxy Note 9 users who don’t know how to take screenshots.
Taking a screenshot allows you to save one time moments that cannot be viewed in any other way. For instance, you have reached a very difficult level in a game and would like to seek help from friends who might have played that game and passed that level.
Personally, I have found the screenshot option to be a very nice and simple way of saving and sharing game progress and other stuff that can only be seen on your screen.
There are different ways of taking a screenshot all of which depend on your wireless service provider and the software version your device is running on.
What confuses people more is the fact that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 do not actually have the physical home key. But that shouldn’t worry your because there are other ways through which you can take a screenshot without this home key.
The simplest way to accomplish this task is by pressing and holding the volume down and power buttons at the same time until you hear a shutter sound or the screen flashes.
However, that is not the only way to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. There are more ways to capture your screen content in an image and we shall be looking at some of these ways in this article.
Ways To Take Screenshot On Samsung’s Latest Galaxy Note 9
It has been said time and again that if you wish to get the ultimate Android smartphone experience, then get yourself a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 once these smartphones are now. Along with the obvious excitement comes some little confusion of using the Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. If you had already had the experience of using the Samsung Galaxy S9 or the Galaxy S9 Plus, you won’t find this process very difficult to follow.
Taking Screenshot On Galaxy Note 9
If you are an exploratory Android user, you will it easier to find other ways of taking screenshots on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 besides the old fashioned button combo technique. Here we look at alternative ways of taking screenshots on your device. Read further ahead to learn more.
Taking Screenshots On Galaxy Note 9 Using Gestures
If taking screenshots using the hardware keys seems old school to you, how about you use gestures instead. Yes, using gestures, is a simple, innovative and quick way of taking a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. Once you get used to this procedure, you will never again have to go back to the old method of using the hardware keys to take a screenshot on your Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. Use the steps below to take a screenshot using gestures;
- First, you will need to Activate gestures by going to the Settings menu > Advanced features
- Then enable the Palm swipe to capture option
With the gestures activated, take this opportunity to snap a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 as follows;
- Remain on the screen you would like to take a screenshot of on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Swipe using the edge of your palm from the right to the left of the screen or from the left to the right horizontally. You might need to try out a few more times before you can fully master the edge-to-edge swipe but once you do, you will realize that it takes screenshots much faster
- You can tell that a screenshot has been successfully recorded because of a little buzz and an animation notification
How To Take A Scrolling Screenshot On Galaxy Note 9
Taking scrolling screenshots is far much interesting than taking the normal hardware key combo screenshots. If you are already thrilled by this idea, you just have to be a little patient and you will learn all it takes to record scrolling screenshots on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone.
But first things first, you need to learn about the Advanced features which enable Smart Capture. The smart capture shows the additional information once you take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. This will enable you to get share and edit the screenshot as you see fit. Besides editing and sharing, this option also gives you the ability to scrolling screenshot;
To begin, let’s enable Smart capture first. Go to your Settings and look in the Advanced features.
- Go to the screen you would like to take a screenshot from
- Capture your screenshot using any of the above listed methods
- Once the screenshot has been captured, touch on the Scroll capture option from the options that show up at the bottom of your screen
- Tap the Scroll capture continuously to go further down the page until you are done
How To Take Screenshots In Oval Or Squares And Create Gifs On Samsung Galaxy Note 9
What most people don’t know is that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 allows you to take screenshots in a fun way including in rectangular or oval shapes. To enable this setting, you will need to head back into your Samsung general settings. From the Settings, go to Display then from the Edge Screen section tap on Edge Panels. Once that is done;
- Go back to the screen you would like to capture
- Then open the edge panel and swipe to the Smart Select option
- Choose the panel edge you want for your screenshot. You can either choose oval, animation or rectangular
- To finalize, select the section of the screen you would like to take a screenshot of or turn into a gif
The Easiest Of All – Bixby!
With AI making things a lot easier, we should embrace it by taking screenshots on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 effortlessly by voice command.
- To start using the voice command, say, Hi, Bixby to activate the smart assistant
- Speak the following words and everything will be automatically done for you; Take a screenshot
Bonus Tip: Screenshot Editing And Other Options
While the smart capture helps in a way, it can also be quite annoying especially if you are planning on taking multiple screenshots which are non-scrolling screenshots. This is because there will be an additional pop up every time a screenshot is taken. To manage this feature, you need to keep it disabled unless you are taking a scrolling screenshot. While it is disabled, the Smart capture cannot give you access to some options such as drawing, cropping or sharing the screenshot.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has only been released into market recently but it is already becoming a major hit and fan’s favorite largely due to the focus that Samsung gave to its amazing features.