How To Turn OFF Message Preview On Huawei P9
Message preview services are a common feature on smartphones. With message preview, your phone displays a condensed version of text messages or other notifications on your lock screen. This lets you quickly preview messages without having to unlock the phone. However, this can sometimes be an issue as you may be receiving messages that you don’t want people to be able to read on your phone if it is locked.
If you don’t want to view these preview messages, you can disable the Preview feature on the Huawei P9 smartphone. The following is a guide on how to turn off and on Preview Messages on the Huawei P9 lock screen and notification bar.
How to turn off Message Preview on Huawei P9
- Turn on the Huawei P9.
- Go to the menu of the Huawei P9 and select Settings.
- Browse for Applications and select Messages.
- Select Notifications.
- Look for a section called Preview Message.
- You’ll find two boxes, one with “Lock Screen” and the other saying “Status Bar”.
- Uncheck the boxes where you don’t want the Preview Message to show up anymore.
If you change your mind and want to display these messages again, just recheck the boxes to turn the feature back on again.
The main reason you would to want enable the Huawei P9 Preview Messages feature would be able to keep your messages and notifications private or if you often receive messages contain with sensitive or important message hidden.